“live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
The people of Selsey are passionate about their coastline and seafaring history, but historically, only a small proportion of locals regularly swam in the sea. We set out to change all this and boy, has it changed! We're a flourishing, supportive, welcoming, free to join group of people who love being in the water with great company. You don't have to be from Selsey to come along and bathe with us and if you just want to come and watch from the shoreline, that's ok too!
We're for all those who seek the wonders of the water. You may be a triathlete who also likes the odd jovial dip, you might be a first-timer, you may be old, you may be young, you may be fit, you may not be. Whatever and whoever you are, you are welcome to come and join us in continuing to make this society the fun, creative and inspiring community it is, full of like-minded people who feel inspired to get outdoors and onto the beach any time of the year.
We now run monthly gatherings 12 months of the year and over the winter months also add in a few day-land experiences for those who may find it too cold to get in the water.
- Sat, 10 JunBeach at end of Lifeboat Way, Selsey
- Sat, 10 JunSelsey
- Wed, 21 JunEast Street car park, Selsey
- Sat, 24 JunSerpentine, P/Hill Lido, Kenwood Ladies
- Sat, 01 JulBeach at end of Grafton Road, Selsey
- Sun, 02 JulTotland Bay02 Jul, 09:00 – 17:00Totland Bay, Totland Bay, United KingdomA 1 day excursion to the IOW! Again, as with all the other SSBS On Tour, you'll need to book your own travel, but for this one we'll all go together on the same ferry and if we can, partner up with cars and split petrol/parking/ferry fees Portsmouth - Fishbourne. More information to follow!
- Fri, 07 JulLlanberis07 Jul, 09:00 – 09 Jul, 20:00Llanberis, Llanberis, Caernarfon LL55, UKA biggie in our SSBS On Tour programme for 2023, this time to Snowdonia! Like the Cornish trip, you'll need to book your place on the swim & for that you'll need to be able to swim either 1.3km or 3km or 6km. Llanberris lake is fantastic! We'll then offer options on places to stay, trips & meetups!
- Sat, 12 AugWest Cornwall
- Fri, 18 AugSelsey